Knowledgeable Missouri Lawyers Defend You in a Divorce
St. Louis attorneys represent your interests in a divorce case
If your spouse is seeking a divorce, your rights and options can drastically vary depending on the circumstances and state law. Some states allow divorces for nearly any reason. There is no defense against these “no-fault” divorces. Other states require your spouse to prove that you were somehow at fault. The Missouri attorneys at Goldson Hoekel, LLC are experienced in divorce law. We do everything possible to prevent a divorce. In cases where a divorce cannot be stopped, we represent your interests throughout the case.
Understanding fault in divorce cases
Many state no longer allow “fault” divorces, and those that do often offer a “no-fault” alternative. We defend clients who are facing fault divorces based on accusations such as:
- Alcohol or drug abuse
Our attorneys work with you to develop a defense based on factors such as:
- Provocation. This defense alleges that your spouse acted in a way that caused you to commit the act that would normally serve as fault.
- Condonation. This is typically a defense to adultery. It alleges that your spouse knew about your conduct and took you back anyway. In many states, once physical intimacy resumes, this defense can sometimes be used to block a divorce based on cheating.
- Connivance. Another defense to adultery, this means that your spouse took part in the behavior that you are accused of. For example, when both spouses participate in “swinging” behaviors, one may not be able seek a divorce from the other based on this adultery.
Our attorneys use all possible defenses to prevent an unwanted divorce.
Representing your interests throughout the divorce process
In many cases, a divorce cannot be stopped through legal maneuvering. In these situations, the attorneys at Goldson Hoekel, LLC resolutely represent your interests regarding:
- Child custody and visitation rights
- Child support
- Distribution of personal property, bank accounts, stocks and other assets
- Division of marital debts
- Sale or possession of the marital home
- Spousal support and temporary support
Through tactical trial strategies and professional courtroom presence, our skilled litigators represent clients throughout the adversarial litigation process. We are prepared to handle the complex aspects of your divorce methodically to obtain the most favorable trial outcome.
Trust our St. Louis divorce attorneys to represent your interests
Contact Goldson Hoekel, LLC in St. Louis at 855-805-3174 or online to schedule a consultation with a family law attorney.